Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Avatars...Bunk!

I must be too much old school because the notion of an "avatar" does not sit well with me. Why not pose as myself, not some "made up character." The Yahoo website for avatars felt quite incomplete, with very few choices for people with green eyes, with receeding hairlines, grey hair or with facial hair. I have attended several recent library conferences where library folk speak glowingly of their adventures in cyberland. I'd rather have my adventures in real life--climbing a mountain, paddling down a river with real rapids or interacting with a real library user who has real personality quirks which present real challenges to the library staff. However, after much stumbling and embarassment at asking for help, I finally created an avitar which appears with my blog....now why couldn't my avatar have a calico cat?

Mumbling Mavis of Ramsey

No comments: